Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics | Vol 6 | Issue 2 | Jul-Dec 2021 | page: 49-51 | Rajesh Lalchandani, Mohit Singh, Rakesh Parmar, Rajesh Kumar Yadav
Author: Rajesh Lalchandani , Mohit Singh , Rakesh Parmar , Rajesh Kumar Yadav 
 Department of Orthopedics, ESI Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science and Research, New Delhi, India.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Mohit Singh,
Department of Orthopedics, ESI Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science and Research, New Delhi – 110 015, India
Neglected irreducible dislocation of the distal interphalangeal (DIP) joint due to low energy trauma is a rare traumatic condition and only 6–7 cases have been reported in literature worldwide. Herein, we present a case of chronic dislocation of the DIP joint which got neglected due to lockdown precipitated by COVID-19. It was caused by low energy trauma of slip and fall from stairs.
Keywords: Axillary block, Distal interphalangeal joint, Finger interphalangeal joint, Joint dislocation, Radial mid-lateral incision
1. Shiota J, Kawamura D, Iwasaki N. Chronic dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joints. J Trauma Injury 2019;32:47-50.
2. Khuri SM. Irreducible dorsal dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joint of the finger. J Trauma 1984;24:456-7.
3. Murakami Y. Irreducible dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joint. J Hand Surg Br 1985;10:231-2.
4. Phillips JH. Irreducible dislocation of a distal interphalangeal joint: Case report and review of literature. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1981;154:188-90.
5. Pohl AL. Irreducible dislocation of a distal interphalangeal joint. Br J Plast Surg 1976;29:227-9.
6. Banerji S, Bullocks J, Cole P, Hollier L. Irreducible distal interphalangeal joint dislocation: A case report and literature review. Ann Plast Surg 2007;58:683-5.
7. Palmer AK, Linscheid RL. Irreducible dorsal dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joint of the finger. J Hand Surg Am 1977;2:406.
8. Selig S, Schein A. Irreducible buttonhole dislocations of the fingers. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1940;22:436-41.
9. Simpson MB, Greenfield GQ. Irreducible dorsal dislocation of the small finger distal interphalangeal joint: The importance of roentgenograms–case report. J Trauma 1991;31:1450-4.
10. Stripling WD. Displaced intra-articular osteochondral fracture-cause for irreducible dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joint. J Hand Surg Am 1982;7:77-8.
11. Thayer DT. Distal interphalangeal joint injuries. Hand Clin 1988;4:1-4.
12. Yamamoto S, Ochiai N, Matsumoto M. Irreducible dorsal dislocation of the distal interphalangeal joint: Report of two cases. Kanto J Orthop Traumatol 1996;27:79-81.
13. Ghobadi F, Anapolle DM. Irreducible distal interphalangeal joint dislocation of the finger: A new cause. J Hand Surg Am 1994;19:196-8.
14. Montero Lopez N, Paksima N. Perilunate Injuries and dislocations etiology, diagnosis, and management. Bull Hosp Joint Dis 2018;76:337.
|How to Cite this article: Lalchandani R, Singh M, Parmar R, Yadav RK. A Rare Case Report of Neglected Chronic Dislocation of Distal Interphalangeal Joint Finger. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics Jul-Dec 2021;6(2):49-51.|